Yes. The babies earn specially designed badges created by Little Fishes and then from the age of 3 children move on to the Swim England award scheme which covers water skills, technical training and distance swims.
The Learn to Swim Pathway goes on to set out stages of learning from 1-7 that teach students FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT SKILLS from basic water safety at stage 1 to developing a quality stroke technique for 100 metres at stage 7. Whilst our swimming lessons are open to people of all ages, these 7 stages have been developed by the Swim England with an emphasis on learning through fun.
Stages 8-10 are more specialist development classes to progress the swimmers ability further. At some centres these classes are delivered by the local swimming club but at Little fishes we have introduced a hour swim session to accommodate this higher level as all children and parents do not want to commit to swimming clubs that have an expectation that you need to swim several times a week.
The Swim England Learn to Swim Pathway consists of four frameworks:
- Swim England Foundation Framework
- Swim England Learn to Swim Framework (Stages 1-7)
- Swim England Aquatic Skills Framework (Stages 8-10)
- Swim England Adult Swimming Framework
The Pathway is an all-inclusive programme which takes the non swimmer from his or her first splash to developing confidence and competence in the water.
We do offer one2one swimming sessions for children that:
- find learning to swim difficult in a group difficult and need more individual support
- Are able to swim but need extra help in a specific area
- Are stuck on a particular level and need a boost to get them to the next stage
- Need extra technical training